Ballroom Marfa (Nonprofit)
March 18, 2017
Reporting to Ballroom Marfa’s Director, the Deputy Director will be responsible for critical programmatic, administrative, financial, and fundraising initiatives and operations.
The Deputy Director will manage the administrative operations of the non-profit; develop financial tools and guide the staff in programmatic budgeting; oversee human resources and insurance; contribute to strategic planning; and assist with program development. This position will work closely with the Director, Ballroom staff, and Ballroom Marfa’s Board of Trustees to strategize, develop, and execute various fundraising initiatives as well as manage Ballroom’s bi-annual New York gala. The position will involve region and national travel; candidates should have their own means of transportation since Marfa is based in a remote location.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in leading and managing the financial and administrative operations of a non-profit organizations
• A background and passion for art, culture, and special events
• Proven fluency in budget preparation, management, reporting and cost control
• Strong interpersonal, speaking and writing skills
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Experience as an administrative manager, with a background in finance, insurance HR, and overall non-profit operations
• Creative and forward thinking attitude, experience as a strategic thought partner
• Able to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
• Able to delegate authority as appropriate and be as hands-on as needed
• Advanced knowledge of fundraising software as well as QuickBooks, Microsoft Office and the Adobe Creative Suite required
• Ability to translate non-profit financial information and data into performance analysis and strategic recommendations
• High degree of integrity and dependability, good time management and attention to detail
• Experience planning and managing events, including fundraising events
• Ability to motivate and interact effectively with trustees, donors, and staff at all levels
• Experience developing new relationships and partnerships for organizations
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with colleagues from long-distance
• Familiarity with contemporary art, film, and music, is a plus
• A graduate or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or significant experience in non-profit management, museum administration, or commensurate field
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please title the subject of your email Deputy Director. Full job description is available upon request. No phone calls please.
The Ballroom Marfa internship program has been cancelled for 2015-2016.